Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hi.

Oh yeah, we have a blog. I'm so awful at keeping up with writing anymore. Good gravy.

Anyway. Last time we spoke it was June. Since then almost nothing has happened. Except:
* I went camping in August:
Reflections

* I cut my hair off, also in August (and am now growing it back because, though it was cute, Cory likes it better long)
Hair, Day Deux

* I joined a madrigal choir after pinch-hitting for them in September at Shrewsbury Faire
Garb!

* We got attacked by a deer in December which made us unable to go to Disneyland for Christmas
When Deer Attack

* In February, we spent two weeks eating only raw food. I consider it a mixed success: we both felt much better after eating it but I planned poorly so we didn't love all of the recipes and I spent a lot of money on groceries.
Thai Veggie Wraps with Peanut Sauce

* I turned 30, and Cory helped me celebrate by putting together an amazing surprise party at McMenamins Edgefield in Troutdale, with all of my family and friends. It was awesome.
Our View

* A dear friend of mine had an adorable daughter and I was very happy to have been able to hang with her at the tender age of 2 weeks:


* A couple of hours after meeting my friend's daughter, I got rear-ended on I205 North as I was taking my friend and my sister to dinner. We were mostly OK (my sister and I now have new chiropractors) but the poor Echo was toast:
Ouch

Here I request a brief moment to remember our little Gerbil, who was there when we got married, took us on our honeymoon as well as two trips to Texas, and was a happy little trooper. But the Jeep Liberty last weekend was too much for it; the side rail got smooshed. So we took our total loss check and...

* Yesterday we purchased a 2009 Subaru Outback!
New Car

I have never written a check so big as for the downpayment of this car. Ouchies. But we love it so - it's got so much space for our legs! We've outfitted the trunk area for Mr. Linus! It's such a pretty color!

And now you're about caught up. See you next year! :P

2 comments:

Laura Fenske said...

Not just once a year! I look forward to updates! We miss you guys...come on down this Sat evening and hang out with us!

Anonymous said...

"Chretienne Ouelette / Christine Armstrong / Jamie Vaughn" of recoveringbeauty.blogspot is not who you think she is.

More here: http://www.bonniecombs.co.vu

Signed,
A Concerned Citizen